The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
PLEASE READ THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR APPLICATION SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS
The City of Fort Lauderdale's Police Officers are responsible for maintaining peace and safety, protecting life and property, and promoting community engagement and trust. Fort Lauderdale Police Officers serve a highly diverse multicultural community.
NOTE : The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and the FOP.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SUBMITTING ON-LINE APPLICATION
1. POLICE OFFICER CERTIFICATION (FDLE; FEDERAL OR CURRENT STATE POLICE OFFICER CERTIFICATION WITH COPY OF ACADEMY CURRICULUM)
2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND/OR NATURALIZATION PAPERS
3. HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR CERTIFICATE OF EQUIVALENT EDUCATION IF APPLICABLE
4. COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT
5. CURRENT DRIVER'S LICENSE HISTORY
6. PRE-JOB OFFER QUESTIONNAIRE - (CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO PJQ)
7. DD214 MILITARY RELEASE FORM - MEMBER 4 COPY (if applicable)
8. CITY OF FORT LAUDERDALE VETERAN'S PREFERENCE CLAIM FORM (if applicable)(Form J204)
*9. BASIC MOTOR SKILLS TEST (BMST) - Physical Agility
*10. SWIM TEST
*FOR OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS- Proof of successful completion of PAT and SWIM is not required with the application, however candidates must successfully complete all of these exams prior to the date of hire.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form ( J204 ).
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.