Sep 11, 2020
Job Description The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's Division of Environmental Health works to prevent and control illness and injury related to environmental and occupational health risks through outreach, education, surveillance and enforcement. With staff of 1,000 the Division covers a broad range of subject matter, including oversight of environmental investigations, lead poisoning, injury prevention, occupational health, food safety, child care, radiation control, recreational and drinking water quality, air quality, climate health, vector control, veterinary public health and pest control. The Bureau of Child Care seeks to hire Child Care Registrars to perform licensing and outreach activities.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
* Assist childcare providers by performing liaison functions between City and State agencies, community groups, parents and the general public
* Assist licensed and prospective providers in interpreting and complying with applicable State and City child care regulations
* Instruct the public on how to make a complaint about a child care program that appears unsafe, unhealthy or operating illegally
* Coordinate outreach and provide technical assistance to child care providers to assist with attaining or renewing a license to provide services
* Perform related case management and office support work in the review of required documentation from child care providers
* Conduct presentations and workshops to community-based organizations, government agencies and the general public to promote the importance of selecting licensed Child Care options Minimum Qual Requirements Qualification Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above. Preferred Skills Strong communication, analytic and observational skills; Strong computer skills; Highly organized, excellent attention to details and solution oriented; and experience with data entry and queuing large data sets a plus; Additional Information **IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
• A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
• Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
• Current Resume
• Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone)
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s “Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.