Sep 11, 2020
Job Description **OPEN TO PERMANENT INCUMBENTS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE TITLE OF COMPUTER SERVICE TECHNICIAN.
The Bureau of Network Technology and Telecommunication Services (NTTS) aims to provide DOHMH programs and staff, our external partners and providers, and all citizens relying on our systems and services with a highly reliable and available network infrastructure and services for both voice and data. Resilient and centralized data center services for applications and hosting databases, a customer service-oriented and secure computing environment, and delivery of information technology products and resources that have been designed, engineered and implemented to support and facilitate the agency in all of our initiatives.
* Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
* Perform all aspects of desktop PC support, including troubleshooting and resolving user problems.
* Hardware deployment, ongoing software installation.
* Asset inventory and management and ensuring that all agency desktops are set up and maintained within required specifications and agency standards.
* Monitor Servicedesk ticket queues to ensure efficient handling and prompt response.
* Assist in complex troubleshooting and repair activities using state-of-the-art test instruments and equipment. Minimum Qual Requirements 1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s Department of Education or recognized accrediting organization and one year of satisfactory, full-time experience in computer maintenance and repair; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s Department of Education or recognized accrediting organization and graduation from a certified technical training program in computer maintenance and repair; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education, training and/or experience equivalent to “1” or “2” above. Experience of the type described in “1” above may be substituted for high school on the basis of one year of experience for each year of high school. However, all candidates must have either one year of the type of experience described in “1” above, or graduation from a certified technical training program as described in “2” above.
Driver License Requirement: By the time you are appointed to this position, you must have a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York. If you have moving violations, license suspensions or an accident record, you may be disqualified. This license must be maintained for the duration of your employment. Preferred Skills Excellent Customer Service experience
Excellent understanding of Help Desk environment including operations, processes, etc...
Minimum of 3 years of IT experience
Strong knowledge in Windows, Windows Server, and Microsoft Office
Strong knowledge of PC hardware set-up and configuration
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
Good knowledge of the installation, use, maintenance, and repair of computer equipment and networks
Good knowledge of All Windows operating systems, MS Active Directory, Google cloud platform, Apple IOS, Internet, LAN/WAN based networks, voice, video and data communications, routers switches and fiber optic technologies. Additional Information **IMPORTANT NOTES TO ALL CANDIDATES:
Please note: If you are called for an interview you will be required to bring to your interview copies of original documentation, such as:
• A document that establishes identity for employment eligibility, such as: A Valid Passport, Permanent Resident Card/Green Card, or Driver’s license.
• Proof of Education according to the education requirements of the civil service title.
• Current Resume.
• Proof of Address/NYC Residency dated within the last 60 days, such as: Recent Utility Bill Telephone, Cable, Mobile Phone).
Additional documentation may be required to evaluate your qualification as outlined in this posting’s “Minimum Qualification Requirements” section. Examples of additional documentation may be, but not limited to: college transcript, experience verification or professional trade licenses.
If after your interview you are the selected candidate you will be contacted to schedule an on-boarding appointment. By the time of this appointment you will be asked to produce the originals of the above documents along with your original Social Security card.