Sep 11, 2020
Job Description The Revenue Enhancement and Analysis (REA) Unit within the Office of Revenue, Management and Development (ORMD) maximizes federal and state revenue by implementing revenue enhancing initiatives and projects using complex SQL algorithms and the Enterprise Data Warehouse, analyzing data to identify claims for higher federal and state reimbursement rates and providing technical support to internal and external areas.
ORMD is recruiting one (1) Computer Associate (Software) III to function as an SQL/Data Warehousing Specialist for Revenue Enhancement and Analysis area, who will:
• Perform highly complex technical work relating to project automation; analyze requests for multifaceted data retrieval from the Data Warehouse and write SQLs to retrieve the data.
• Modify and update existing SQLs to improve operational efficiency and/or comply with updated regulations on an as needed basis.
• Review procedures for accessing data sources and correctly framing data queries to arrive at conclusions relevant to improved program planning and decision making. Identify problems upfront that would impede timely completion of projects. Review data for correctness and applicability, and address problems and deficiencies in the output.
• Partner with other units within HRA including the Finance Office and other city agencies on claiming projects that require technical assistance with SQLs and data retrieval from the Data Warehouse. Interpret requests and identify the necessary data elements, research procedures, laws, or regulations if needed and communicate additional requirements or challenges to business partners.
• Perform ad hoc research on financial projects for various agencies in city government, including Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the Department of Education (DOE). Minimum Qual Requirements 1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 semester credits in computer science or a related computer field and one year of satisfactory full-time computer software experience in computer systems development and analysis, applications programming, database administration, maintenance and support, systems programming, data communications, mainframe development, mobile development, web development and design; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and five years of satisfactory full-time computer software experience as described in "1" above; or
3. Education and or/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. College education may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience in "2" above on the basis that 60 semester credits from an accredited college is equated to one year of experience. In addition, 24 semester credits from an accredited college or graduate school in computer science or a related field, or a certificate of at least 625 hours in computer programming from an accredited technical school (post high school), may be substituted for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and at least one year of satisfactory full-time experience as described in "1" above. Preferred Skills •Expert knowledge in Structured Query Language (SQL).
•Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
•Knowledge of Federal, State and Local/City policies and experience working for a large government agency in the financial area.
•Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Additional Information **