Under the direction of the IT Financial Manager, this position is primarily responsible for assisting in the management of the procurement and accounts payable processes for IT related services, supplies and equipment.
This position requires the ability to organize and effectively process a significant amount of procurement requests and associated invoices, while maintaining proper budget resources in a manner that is consistent with the goals of the department. The successful candidate must reside in the City of Philadelphia or establish primary residence in the City of Philadelphia within six months of employment.
- Review IT procurement requests submitted electronically through a centralized collection system. Requests are generally related to software, hardware, professional and other services, maintenance of hardware and software, communications, training, and other IT related items.
- Ensure requests adhere to a standardized procurement request format.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is complete and accurate. Follows up with internal and external departmental contacts if additional information or clarification is required for processing requests.
- Obtain approval from various internal OIT Chief Officers and Deputies for technology approvals, and IT Financial Managers for budgetary approvals.
- Maintain database that logs all pertinent information related to each request.
- Receive vendor invoices, ensures all backup documentation has been submitted and information is accurate.
- Log pertinent data into MS Access databases, and seeks ways of improving database relationships and structure.
- Work with the Office of the Director of Finance to process payment vouchers electronically.
- Work with the Procurement Department to update/extend existing contracts/related info.
- Work with vendors to obtain required documentation to facilitate and expedite procurement and payment processes, as necessary.
- Develop analysis and reports as requested.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyze and comprehend organizational and procedural problems and make recommendations related to procurement requirements.
- Express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, administrative officials, departmental officials and vendors.
- Analyze and resolve purchasing problems and make sound recommendations consistent with municipal procurement principles and departmental policies.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting procurement policies and procedures consistent with departmental and citywide policy and objectives.
- Basic administration procedures and philosophies for local government.
- Principles and practices of administrative analysis and managerial operations.
- General budgetary and fiscal control policies.
- Effective customer service techniques.
Completion of a bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university is preferred**
**An equivalent combination of education and experience deemed acceptable by Human Resources, the Chief Financial Officer and/or the agency department head will also be considered.
- Entry level position; 0 – 2 years administrative/budget/fiscal/accounting experience.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel is required. Familiarity with MS Access and the City’s ADPICS and FAMIS mainframe systems are helpful, but not required.
- Attention to detail is critical to prepare and interpret a variety of procurement requests and invoice statements.
- Must have proven strong organizational skills.
- Efficient time management skills are essential.
- Effective facilitator. Candidate must be able to handle a significant amount of transactions on a routine basis both accurately and expeditiously.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Candidate must be comfortable with basic Information Technology issues and concepts and be eager to learn about new technology trends.
Did you know?
- We are a Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
- 25% tuition discount program for City employees (and sometimes spouses and dependents as well) in partnership with area colleges and universities
- We offer Comprehensive health coverage for employees and their eligible dependents
- Our wellness program offers eligibility into the discounted medical plan
- Employees receive paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Generous retirement savings options are available
*The successful candidate must be a city of Philadelphia resident within six months of hire
The City of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not permit discrimination based on race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, source of income, familial status, genetic information or domestic or sexual violence victim status. If you believe you were discriminated against, call the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations at 215-686-4670 or send an email to faqpchr @phila.gov. For more information, go to: Human Relations Website: http://www.phila.gov/humanrelations/Pages/default.aspx